The website of Melksham Town Council and Assembly Hall
Terms of Reference
The following matters shall be reserved for decision by the Town Council, but the
appropriate Committee(s) may make recommendation for the Council’s consideration:-
- The Precept;
- Borrowing money;
- Making, amending or revoking Standing Orders, Financial Regulations, Duties and Powers of Proper Officer provisions;
- Making, amending or revoking By-laws;
- Making of Orders under Statutory Powers;
- Matters of principle or policy and adoption of Council Policy.
- Consideration of comments and recommendations made by the District Auditor.
- Nomination or appointment of representatives of the Town Council on any authority, organisation or body, (except approved conferences or meetings);
- Nominate members of the Personnel Sub-Committee and Finance Sub-Committee;
- New powers or duties;
- Prosecution or defence in a Court of Law;
- Nomination or appointment of representatives of the Council to any enquiry on matters affecting the Town;
- Receive Reports and recommendations referred to the Town Council from the various Committees/Sub-Committees;
- Authorise the sealing of various documents with the Common Seal;
- To appoint representatives on outside bodies or joint bodies;
- To confirm the appointment of the Town Mayor/Deputy Town Mayor;
- To confirm the schedule of meetings of the Town Council/Committees/Sub-Committees for the ensuing year.
- Any other matters not delegated to a Committee or Sub-Committee or referred to the Council by Committees or Sub-Committees.
© 2017, Melksham Town Council. All rights reserved