The website of Melksham Town Council and Assembly Hall
Terms of Reference
- The Committee consists of nine members plus the Mayor and Deputy Mayor ex-officio:
- Delegated Business.
The Committee has delegated authority to deal with the following matters to conclusion:
- Review the Town Council’s Policy Document and update as necessary at the request of the Town Council;
- Make any changes to policy as requested by the Town Council;
- Review and revise Standing Orders and Committee Terms of Reference at the request of the Town Council, advising the Town Council when such review and revision may become necessary;
- Attend to all financial matters except for setting the precept or borrowing money;
- Allocate Grants and Donations within the agreed criteria and budget of the Town Council;
- Set up such Sub-Committees and Working Groups as necessary on which the Chairman and Vice Chairman of Policy and Resources shall normally serve by default (see Standing Orders Clause 42);
- Attend matters referred by the Town Council or not specific to another Committee;
- Deal with the administration and maintenance of the Council offices, other properties owned by the Town Council, all public open spaces, Childrens Play areas, Allotments and the Closed Churchyard.
- Referred Business
The Committee will consider and make recommendations to the Town Council on the following matters:
- All matters of policy.
- Budget estimates, to be prepared no later than November of each year.
- Monitoring income and expenditure within the Budget Estimates approved by the Town Council, and make necessary recommendations.
- Expenditure proposed by other Committees above that is included in the current Budget Estimates.
- Provision of additional recreational facilities deemed necessary or desirable including Children’s Play Equipment and sites.
- Provision of land for cemetery use.
- Any other matters referred to the Policy and Resources Committee by the Town Council, which is not otherwise within the Policy and Resources terms of reference.
© 2017, Melksham Town Council. All rights reserved