The website of Melksham Town Council and Assembly Hall
Terms of Reference
- The Staffing Committee will meet on a quarterly and on an ‘as required’ basis.
- Three voting members plus Town Mayor and Deputy Town Mayor ex-officio and non voting.
- A quorum of three voting members at each meeting will apply.
- Members of the Staffing Committee will be provided with training on an ongoing basis, which they will be expected to undertake.
- To oversee the employment of all staff within the Town Council in line with the management structure.
- To consider, and bring to a final conclusion any matters emanating from Grievance and Disciplinary procedures applicable to all members of staff employed by the Town Council.
- To discuss with the Town Clerk, and staff concerned, any issues relating to staffing matters, pay levels and staffing structures and make recommendations to the Town Council as appropriate.
- To conduct the annual appraisal and To act as line manager of the Town Clerk.
- To seek external advice as deemed appropriate and notify the Policy & Resources Committee of any expenditure incurred as soon thereafter as possible.
- 3.6 To address any other personnel matters delegated by the Town Council.
Town Council Meetings
Next Town Council Meeting
© 2018, Melksham Town Council. All rights reserved