The website of Melksham Town Council and Assembly Hall
Terms of Reference
- Nine Members plus Mayor/Deputy Town Mayor ex-officio (amended 19.10.09).
- Delegated Business.
The Committee has delegated authority to deal with the following matters to conclusion:-
- To make observations as necessary, to the responsible Authority or organisation on matters affecting the environment and public transport in the Town;
- To maintain existing bus shelters and street furniture and consider provision of new items where necessary within the approved budget.
- To consider and resolve issues affecting roads, development and environment or relating to planning matters upon which the Town Council is consulted or in which the Town Council has an interest, except those issues to be referred to the Town Council.
- To consider matters relating to town centre events organised either by the Town Council or other organisations.
- To liaise with Wiltshire Council on the continuing regeneration and re-development of Melksham Town Centre.
- Referred Business
To consider and make recommendations to the Town Council on the following matters:-
- Budget estimates to be prepared no later than November each year.
- All major development proposals affecting the environment of the town centre and the town as a whole.
- Developments which, in the opinion of the Committee would be of benefit to the Town.
- Footpaths, bridle ways and rights of way.
© 2017, Melksham Town Council. All rights reserved