The website of Melksham Town Council and Assembly Hall
Councillor Adrienne Westbrook - Town Mayor (Chair)
Councillor Jon Hubbard - Deputy Town Mayor
Councillor Geoff Mitcham
Councillor Mike Sankey
Councillor Hayley Spencer-Illman (Vice Chair)
Councillor Mike Swanton
Councillor Terri Welch
Councillor Tony Watts
Terms of Reference - as adopted by Full Council on 15th May 2017.
- The committee shall consist of nine members.
- The committee has delegated authority to deal with the following matters to conclusion, working within the budget allocated by Full Council:
- To consider and resolve issues relating to the administration and maintenance of the Council offices, other properties owned by the Town Council, such as all public open spaces, children’s play areas, allotments and the closed churchyard;
- To maintain existing bus shelters and street furniture and consider provision of new items where necessary within the approved budget;
- To consider and resolve issues affecting roads, development and environment or relating to planning matters (excluding those items usually sent to the Planning Committee for comment in the Town Council’s role as a statutory consultee on matters relating to development control) upon which the Town Council is consulted or in which the Town Council has an interest, except those issues to be referred to the Town Council;
- To liaise with Wiltshire Council on the continuing regeneration and re-development of Melksham Town Centre;
- To manage and lead the process of redeveloping the Assembly Hall;
- To set up such Sub-Committees and Working Groups as necessary on which the Chair and Vice Chair of Policy and Performance shall normally serve by default (see Standing Orders Clause 42).
- Budget estimates to be prepared no later than November each year;
- Provision of additional recreational facilities deemed necessary or desirable including children’s play equipment and sites;
- Provision of land for cemetery use;
- Provision of appropriate resources for the Town Council to be able to carry out its day-to-day business including the provision of community space for public events;
- Any other matters referred to the Asset Management Committee by the Town Council, which is not otherwise within the Asset Management Committee terms of reference.
© 2017, Melksham Town Council. All rights reserved