We are creating a 'Window of Thanks' to collect everyone's gratitude into one big piece of artwork in Melksham.
The final art work will be a display of hundreds of little thank you notes or expressions of gratitude from people all around Melksham. These notes can be as simple as a scribble on the back of an envelope, or a newspaper clipping, or as detailed as a small painting, and can be in any colour or material, as long as they are 5cm square and include an image or words expressing gratitude.
If you would like to join in, simply create a few squares of thanks and drop them in to the Town Hall before Christmas. The guidelines are as follows:
• Squares need to be 5cm square (just smaller than the height of a credit card)
• They can be any colour – bright if possible – or just black and white
• They can include a written thank you to someone (eg, ‘Thank you to Charlotte for doing my shopping during lockdown’) or just something you appreciate (‘I am grateful for sunshine’) or simply an image, a drawing, a newspaper clipping, or anything that you are grateful for in 2020.
• It should contain no advertising, or anything offensive
• It can be on any material (paper, card, fabric) but can’t be thicker than 5mm
• You can do any amount of squares between one and ten
• You can include your name on the front of the square if you like.
• Include a separate piece of paper with your name (and email/ address if you would like to be kept informed about the progress of the project)
• Drop them in to Melksham Town Hall letterbox in an envelope labelled ‘Window of Thanks’